Monday, February 12, 2007

Song

Here's a song I wrote. It won second place at 'Cul-Ah' 2007

Twitching Eye

(Verse)
Bobbing in a sea of music,
A canopy - a colourful web.
Past the drunken dancers,
Past the glowing cigarettes.
It's There I see you, sipping
On a drink that's long been dipping
In a fist of ice to stay alive...
I walk up to the bar, I take a look around -
But I don't get very far, I come crashing to the ground...

(Chorus) x 2
Because of your twitching eye...

(Verse)
My heart begins to race
As I steal glances at your face,
I see you winking away...
Down my back there goes a shiver,
My thoughts go hither-thither,
I contemplate making a move...

(Chorus) x2

(Verse)
I push My drink right over,
Act like I own the place.
"How's it hanging sugar?"
Your fist goes in my face.
I stumble off my chair,
People gather all around,
Everybody stares,
Nobody makes a sound.
I'm embarassed and bewildered,
Questions, "Am I high?"
In a while my thoughts are filtered,
It's then I realize...

(Chorus) x 4

7 comments:

Medha said...

Ah, hahaha!
I like!
You should write more songs... :)

me said...

thank you! I wrote it in such a hurry that I couldn't give the thing a decent structure!

Shikha said...

How much more structure you want? It's very fine as it is

Medha said...

Exactly! It's fine this way...

Now post the poem you wrote at "Cul-ah" pliss

me said...

i don't have that, it was bad anyway

Medha said...

Oh... :(

Anonymous said...

spelling mistakes are there!!!!